Weight and health walk close to each, but there is more to wellness than the scale can tell. Let’s see how you can use nutrition to your favor.
There is no better time to invest in your weight loss than now. It has nothing to do with the month or season of the year. It’s true that summer or some special event help things out, but it doesn’t have to be this way.There is no better time to invest in your #weightloss than now. #HolisticHealth #BetterYou Click To Tweet
The primary goal of this series is to assist you to get rid of those extra pounds in a way that your health will benefit from it. To me, whether you want to wear a bikini or not makes little difference. What does matter to me is the result of your check-up the next time you consult your health care provider.
In my previous post, I wrote about Mindful Nutrition and how you could use to improve your well-being. Today, I am going to talk intake related to weight loss.
Read also these posts about nutrition with recipes:
- Easy Recipes And Health Tips That Will Change Your Life
- The Surprising Value of Listening To Your Body For Health
- Super Easy Seafood Recipe Brought To You By My Awesome Partner
Before anyone starting to get the wrong idea, let me tell you that I am not going to share you a meal plan. Putting together a diet (oops, I said it!) requires lot more than just knowing you want to lose a couple pounds.
Remember always to take your intake seriously. The smallest change you do in the way you live now will reflect in your overall wellness. Some people may only deal with positive effects; others may struggle.
My objective here is to give you some tips you may implement according to your needs if not conflicting with any medical recommendation.
Adjusting your intake
Please make sure you read How To Hack Your Lifestyle For Mindfulness With Nutrition. There you’ll learn more on how can you improve the quality of your intake independent to your goals.
When you want to lose weight the mathematic is simple: burn more calories than you consume. In addition, depending on your eating habits today, you can make adjustments that will speed up the process. Some of the best-known changes are:
1. Eat more vegetables
Vegetables are not only the best source of carbohydrates that exists because they are low in calories. They are also rich in potassium, dietary fiber, folic acid, and vitamins.
While you should not be only eating salad, when combined with other ingredients, you can have the best meal ever. Besides, you can fill your plate without worrying.
Invest in colorful combinations for the nutrients and avoid heavy sauces. Vegetables are delicious. Unfortunately, many of us have to retrain their palates to enjoy them again.
2. Choose whole foods
I’m not going to tell you to quit eating fast food or anything of that matter. It’s your life, your choice. However, make sure there’s some balance in your intake.
If you go from burgers to pizzas and from TV dinners to sugary snacks, you’re looking for trouble. Save those “cheat” meals for the social occasions. I don’t want you to become a hermit, and I don’t think they sell salads at the movies. But for your daily meals and wherever available, choose real food.
3. Drink water
If you wait until you are thirsty to drink, I’m sorry to inform you that you’re already too late.
Our body is composed by 50-75% water. It helps regulate our body temperature and dissolves substances. It can literally save you same headaches. But we frequently neglect it.
There are ways you can calculate the amount of water you need for health. It’s an interesting exercise to become aware of one’s habits.
4. Reduce gluten
Maybe I should say reduce pasta intake. But, I’m one of those people who doesn’t have celiac disease but discovered benefits in eating gluten-free. It’s so that I don’t need to refuse a dinner at an Italian restaurant, but again, I avoid gluten on my regular meals.
One can find more and more gluten-free alternatives for their favorite products.
5. Grab healthy snacks
When you are hungry you should eat. But what to do when it’s too early or too late for a full meal?
Make sure you have healthy alternatives you can grab on the go. Most protein bars are sugar bombs. Be mindful with them!
Fruits are a great option. They also have sugar, but of a totally different quality.
To help you out a bit, I want to share with you a vegan gluten-free chocolate chip banana bread. This is the first of some awesome recipes I’ll be sharing brought you by Swanson.
It’s an honor for me to work with brands I care and respect and Swanson is surely one of them. My boyfriend and I use their products for years. I hope you’ll find this and future recipes as delicious as I did.
- Living Now Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Mix
- 4 tablespoon applesauce
- 1/4 teaspoon of Bob' Red Mill gluten-free baking powder
- 8 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 ripe medium bananas
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C).
- 2. Mix the applesauce, the baking powder, the oil and the bananas (mashed) in a mixing bowl.
- 3. Add Living Now Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Banana Bread Mix into the mixing bowl.
- 4. Mix batter until uniform.
- 5. Lightly coat pan with vegetable spray or oil. Then, pour batter in pan.
- 6. Bake for 50 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- 7. Let cool for 15 minutes in pan, then remove loaf from pan and finish cooling on rack.
- If you want to use eggs instead, they were substituted by the applesauce, the baking powder and 3 tablespoons of oil.
- Maybe because there was a difference in my servings, this recipe has 2 tablespoons applesauce and 3 tablespoons vegetable oil compared to the original one on the package.
How optimal is your nutrition for healthy weight loss?
Please read all the posts of this series:
- How To Lose Weight In A Healthy Way
- How To Lose Weight In A Healthy Way With Strength Training
- How To Lose Weight In A Healthy Way With Running
- How To Lose Weight In A Healthy Way With Nutrition
- How To Lose Weight In A Healthy Way With A Holistic Approach
Please check the list of link parties I join here.
Be Healthy and Live Fully.