This Friday’s post will be a little bit different than the usual ones. The reason is because I have been nominated for the Sisterhood of World Bloggers Award by Kathleen.
Whose blogger have looked at their statistics and thought at least once: ‘What?!?’
Blogging is fun and I love it, but it takes work, a lot of work. For those not involved, it is just about writing “something”, but us bloggers know it is so much more.
[Tweet “I was received my second award. Check it out along with my nominees! #debbieinshape”]
Awards like this one is what we work so much for. It is not the award itself by the fact that someone thought about us. Whatever we share left an impression and among so many others, we are granted the chance to speak up.
Thank you Kathleen from the bottom of my heart for this honor!
Questions from Kath to me
1. How long have you been seriously blogging?
Even though I started blogging around 2000, it was only with the creation of Debbie in Shape in 2012 that I got serious about it. Even after that it was not clear to me whether I wanted to take it to the next level or not. I think that once I went self-hosted in August 2014 that I discovered how deep I could go. Since this year I consider myself a hardcore blogger (whatever it means). 😉
2. Before blogging, did you do writing, if so what kind?
My previous blogs were personal, about my hobbies and also beliefs. My major ones were in Portuguese and in English. However, during the time I worked along with Microsoft for the launch and promotion of their console (the Xbox 360), I wrote mini blogs in French too. It has always pretty much been about blogging, I guess.
3. Do you hope to make an income from your blog?
Yes, I do. I already work ad hoc as a freelancer, but I am working on other projects for the future too.
4. Provide a link to your favorite blog post on your blog.
That is a VERY hard question and whatever choice I make will be unfair. My posts are like my kids. I see them coming together in my head; getting form on the computer and raising to reach all my visitors… Like mother’s don’t have a favorite, child; I do not have a favorite blog.
But for the sake of answering the question, I will pick Time For A Reset. I am not going to lie to you. I was scared that was going to be my last post. I knew my case was not a severe one etc, but still, I was going into surgery. It is not everyday that we get our head open for maintenance. MANY people close to me learned about my situation through that blog too. I think it makes it somehow special.
5. What is one thing you love doing apart from blogging?
Working out is life to me. This week, I went out for my first ‘run’. It was painful, I felt sick half way and I had to walk at the end, but I made it!
Fitness is brings me balance. It is so good for health, relaxation and focus. I hope I can inspire many to get active with my story.
6. Do you love house cleaning?
I have learned to love it. I still cannot do heavy stuff, but I have been so consistent with my cleaning/organization that I have been even blogging about it. Who would ever think of that?!?
7. Does your family read your blog, do they encourage you or are they not really into it?
My family is my mom and unfortunately, she speaks only Portuguese. She does follow me on Facebook and uses the Bing Translation to get an idea of what I am sharing. That means a lot to me!
8. Have you made virtual friends because of blogging?
Yes, I have. Maybe because I live so far from the people I grew up with and love dearly, the virtual world became an ally for making friends. Each one of them has a special place in my heart.
9. Do you have a reachable goal or a dream that seems unattainable at this time?
Too many too count. LOL
I keep it real for my resolutions, but I am a Dream Builder. I like to set the standards high to myself and to do the work to achieve them.
10. What do you do to take care of yourself?
Living a healthy life is my way to show self-love. I do not eat 100%, but I balance my meals for optimal health. Doing Reiki also helps me be mindful and have inner peace.
The simple hive
These are your instructions should you accept this award
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and link back to their site.
2. Answer the 10 questions sent to you.
3. Make up 10 new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Are you a morning person?
- Which do you prefer: the mountains or the sea?
- What is your most read blog post?
- Who is blogger role-model? One that you aspire to be like.
- Which city or country would you like to visit?
- What is your favorite motivational quote?
- When you are not blogging you are…
- What is your favorite social media platform?
- Apple or Android?
- What is the most important tip about blogging you have learned?
4. Nominate 8 other bloggers, for the Sisterhood of the world bloggers award – link them in your post and notify them of their nomination.
Use this Sisterhood of the world bloggers award to motivate yourself toward excellence in blogging.
I invite you to visit the nominated sites. I am sure you will love them too.
[Tweet “Check my nominees for the Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award. #debbieinshape”]
Wishing you a great weekend!
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Debbieinshape/ (em português)