3 super easy vegan salads you can make it in a couple of minutes that will support your healthy lifestyle without added stress.
After doing a lot of thinking, I decided to go vegan by the end of 2015.
The transition is happening slower than I expected, though. I’m still learning about all the alternatives available (accessible to me in Belgium) and how I can get all the nutrients I need in the right amounts.
- my physical activity
- my fat-loss efforts
- my overall wellness
Articles such as 8 Tips for Vegan Bulking have been helping me a lot figure out how to achieve these goals.
In my case, however, I have a personal challenge: total lack of cooking skills.
It’s not like there aren’t many incredible recipes out there. But most of them scare me when I read the list of ingredients. It’s too much information. If you’re a skilled cook, you may think I’m exaggerating, but I’m sure can’t-cooks understand my struggle.
Putting vegan meals together
In the beginning, I counted on bags of vegetable combinations to get my vegan meals together for as long as I could.
There’s absolutely nothing wrong with them. On the other hand:
- I got a good variety of them
- they are accessible in terms of price
- preparation time is minimum
But after a couple of months (please, don’t fall off the chair!), it was time for something different.
Besides, with temperatures slowing rising, it’s time to add more salads to the menu. That’s why I decided to let my creativity help me get some variation in my meals.
For more healthy recipes read also:
- Because There Is A First Time For Everything
- The Surprising Value of Listening To Your Body For Health
- How To Lose Weight In A Healthy Way With Nutrition
Vegan salads recipes
As the title of this post says, these recipes are super easy. They may not be the gourmet options you find out there on the blogosphere, but they serve their purpose: fuel any vegan (athlete).3 super easy healthy #vegan salads you will love. #recipes #coaching Click To Tweet
- 30 grams baby spinach
- 5 strawberries
- 100 Seitan Curry
- 1 portion nuts
- Warm the seitan curry in a pan with coconut oil for about 5 minutes.
- Spread the baby spinach on the plate and add the seitan curry.
- Decorate the salad with the strawberries cut in cubes and the nuts.
- Alternative: if you have allergy to nuts, you can substitute them for avocado or hemp seeds, for instance.
- 100 grams spiced tofu
- 200 grams wok veggies with mushroom
- 1 cup beet (or a large one)
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Warm up the veggies for about 2 minutes. Then, add the tofu and let them cook together for another 5 minutes.
- Salt and pepper can be added during the cooking.
- Cut the cooked beet in cubes. You can mixed them with the veggies or use them as decoration.
- Spread the chia seeds on the served plate.
- 30 grams spinach
- 1 small apple
- 1 teaspoon hemp seeds
- 1 wrap
- Salt and pepper (optional)
- Place the wrap on the board and spread the spinach leaves on it.
- Decorate the salad with the apple cut in cubes and the hemp seeds.
- If you want, add some salt and pepper on top.
- Suggestion: warm up the wrap in the microwave for 1 minute. Make sure you spread some water on it to avoid it dries out.
- Eating healthy can be as simple or as sophisticated as you make it.
- The fact that you’re short on time should never be an excuse to make bad eating choices.
- If you’re (unfortunately) the only one in your family who has already made the shift, you can still get your food on point with small portions.
- Have frozen organic vegetables at home for last-minute recipes
- There are excellent non-animal protein sources available. You don’t need to be afraid of losing your gains by going vegan.
I’m not here to tell you to go vegan. I believe it’s a change you must have a reason to do. It can’t be just because someone told you so. That’s not the way we build habits.
But if you were afraid of the shift because you found it a very hard lifestyle, I hope I have helped you see the “light”.
What are your favorite vegan salads?
For more Holistic Health tips read also:
- How To Hack Your Lifestyle For Mindfulness With Nutrition
- How to Create a Sustainable Healthy Lifestyle and Enjoy It
- Take Your Intake Seriously To Boost Your Health
Please check the list of link parties I join here.
Be Healthy and Live Fully.