Can you imagine not having to leave your home to get a variety of workouts? You can achieve it through Grokker. Giveaway included!
You guys know how much I love lifting weights and CrossFit. But you also know that I haven’t been able to do these things lately because of the recovery process I’m going through. While I’m not able to “leave it all in the gym”, I still can (and should) do some physical activity.
To work your body all around, it’s great to try a variety of exercises. Depending on your fitness level (and orientation from health care provider) you can go more or less intensive.
In my situation, yoga is my thing. While the movements are slow and controlled, it works my entire body. You don’t hold weights or move crazy fast with yoga, yet it’s the perfect workout for anyone.
Recently, I was granted the opportunity to review Grokker (and offer you a little something…). It couldn’t have come in the best time!
What is Grokker?
Grokker is a website focused on wellness. There you find yoga and fitness as well as cooking and meditation videos. Personally, I love this approach.
One of the points of personal improvement I like to share here is that health isn’t a matter of looks. And for me, Grokker is a great finding. It’s a place where anyone can go and find support for a better lifestyle.
On their site, they summarize what Grokker is in 4 sentences:
- A place to learn and grow
- A community of devoted experts and enthusiasts of all levels
- A personalized wellness experience
- A source of inspiration, anytime, anywhere
[Tweet “Enjoy your #faveworkout on @grokkerinc today! #sweatpink @fitapproach”]
I think I already gave you hint about how much I like Grokker, didn’t I? Besides being an excellent source of information for those seeking wellness, I also found out:
- Fitness for all levels: on all videos you can see information about its intensity and difficulty.
- Great variety of classes: once you pick one workout, you get a list of related topics to choose from.
- Qualified instructors: the background and certification of the instructors can be checked on their bio.
- Clear information: if any equipment is needed, you’ll know it before starting the video. This information available on the tab “At A Glance”.
If you follow me on Instagram, you know that I’ve been working out first thing in the morning. I’m going to assume it here: many times, my yoga is done in pajamas. Not having to get dressed, take the car and go to the gym, it has been a time saver. I haven’t tried any of their recipes, but I saved some of the videos. I’ll surely be giving them a shot soon and I’ll let you know how it goes.
My Fave Workout
I selected one workout to share with you today. Yes, it is a yoga, class! This class is for beginners.
All classes have their challenges, but the ‘asanas’ make extra yoga challenging in the beginning. On this video, however, the instructor, Celest Pereira, takes you through the moves as if she was by your side. I was beyond impressed.
You don’t need any fancy equipment to follow this class. All it takes is a yoga mat and a block. It takes about 30 minutes, and you can squeeze it at any time of the day.
I hope I got you curious about trying Grokker because I have a little something for you. Please join the giveaway below to make the chance to win a 3-month premium membership ($60 value!!). The rules can be found at the end of this post. a Rafflecopter giveaway
And if you can’t wait until the end of the giveaway, use the discount code 99CENTS for 99 cents for the first month of premium membership on Grokker.
[Tweet “Get 3 months access to @grokkerinc & enjoy your #faveworkout. #sweatpink @fitapproach”]
Have you ever used workout videos to train?
Don’t miss this opportunity!
* You can also find me on:
Twitter (Fitness): https://twitter.com/DebbieR_Fitness
Twitter (Geek): https://twitter.com/DebbieInShape
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Debbieinshape/ (em português)
- No purchase necessary.
- Contest runs from October 5th, 2015 – October 19th, 2015.
- 1 winner will be randomly selected.
- Winner will be notified via blog post, Twitter or Instagram, and will have 5 business days to claim the prize.
- If original winner does not claim prize or cannot be verified within 5 business days, an alternate winner will be selected.
- The winner will get a unique voucher URL so they can claim their prize of 3 months premium membership.
- Substitution does not apply.
- Contestants must enter on Rafflecopter to win.
- User needs an Internet connection to access Grokker’s website.
Disclosure: I was given a 3-month premium access to Grokker through Fit Approach in exchange for my honest review of their service and a code to giveaway to one of my readers. I only accept samples that fit the content of debbieinshape.com.