Guess who has been recently nominated for the Liebster Award? Thank you very much Kathleen for the honor!
Now what is the Liebster Award? Instead of reinventing the wheel, I recommend you this article in which Lorraine, the author, puts together everything that she has already found about it.
[Tweet “Debbie in Shape was nominated for the Liebster Award. #blogging #support”]
Let me share with you my answers to the proposed questions.
1. How did you decide on the name of your blog?
“Debbie in Shape” was first of all my name on Facebook and later on Twitter. I chose it because Fitness has become an important part of my life. Mainly since 2012, I have been dedicating myself to get and stay fit. I use my website and social media platforms to instruct others on how to achieve their goals in a healthy way. You will not find anything about miracle pills here. It is all about work, dedication, consistency and patience. I take my responsibility as a Certified Personal Trainer very seriously.
Being “in shape” for me goes being physical appearance. It has to do with fitness of the mind and soul as well. Our body is a reflection of who we are inside. Do we bring a lot more (emotional) luggage than what we need? Are we able to let go of things that do not do us good? As a Reiki practitioner I hope to bring self-awareness to those who stop by this little home of mine in the blogosphere. Even when our beliefs and practices as different, as long as the intention is good and there is openness of heart, we are on the same Path.
2. Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
I let my experiences guide me when I write. As I mentioned recently, one of the reasons I have been writing less about fitness is the fact that I cannot work at the moment. Writing about something just-because does not make sense to me.
The questions I am asked, suggestion from readers and my activities are from where I get my inspiration.
3. What is it that you love most about blogging?
Being able to connect with people all around the globe is what fascinates me in blogging. It is true that one can do the same by joining multicultural groups online too. But blogging is such an amazing experience. You can learn from delicious recipes to complicated marketing skills. Sometimes we are invited to experience a little bit of the write of other authors and after awhile, we become like friends.
It is an incredible world!
4. What is your favorite food?
Because I have been living in Belgium for almost 14 years (sometimes I even say 15, but no, it is not even 14 yet), I would say black beans and rice. That is what I used to have every single day back home and I miss it a lot now.
I also adore asparagus, pizza, French fries and oatmeal is my comfort food.Oatmeal and Berries.
5. What is your favorite thing to drink (alcoholic or not)?
Even though I try not to exceed 2 cups a day, coffee is my favorite drink by far. Espresso is my favorite, but I enjoy a cappuccino and a latte as much.
When I go to Brazil though, I drink tons of matte (ice cold), coconut water and guaraná.
6. What is an item you cannot live without?
I am a sad little person. I cannot live without my smartphone. From time to time I let its battery go completely low just to force myself stay away from it. Things that technology do to us (mainly when you were an assumed geek).
7. What are eleven random facts about yourself?
Not easy and I am going to steal some I have recently shared on my Instagram:
- I am a shy person
- I collect Japanese dolls called Dollfies
- I am addicted to my snug-rug
- I love Teletubbies and the Power Puff Girls
- I am always hungry
- My cat, Soubi, is my baby
- I eat pizza way too fast
- My gym outfits are pink while I prefer red for CrossFit
- My favorite movie quote is: “There is no spoon.”
- For me good music is ageless
- I generally read 3 books at the same time
(and it went much faster than I thought!!)
8. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
If you are thinking of Brazil, the answer is YES! It has been more than 2 years since I last visited my mom and I miss her a lot. It is quite painful to read all “suggestions for Mother’s Day” blogs out there. I wish I could give her something too. But I will make up for it soon, hopefully.Cabo Frio, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Other than that, Japan is the country of my dreams. The only reason I never thought about living there is because the differences between men and women in terms of salary and work opportunities. For the rest, it is amazing.
9. If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
VERY hard one!! I love history and I have a major list of people I wish I had met. LOL
I will go with Leonardo Da Vinci. He touched humanity in so many different ways. I wonder how it would be to be in his companion.
10. What is your favorite outdoor activity?
I love running, but walking is also great. Preferably in nature where its sounds is the only thing I can hear.
I am a person of extremes. If I am not in the middle of busiest metropolitan crowd, I like to be on my own.
11. Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
One thing for sure: I will be 45. 😛
Seriously, I see myself helping others whether as a Personal Trainer, a Reiki Practitionner or a Social Media Expert. I am looking forward building links to connect me with more people every day and to be able to make a difference in their life somehow.
My experience with the brain tumor opened my eyes to the things that really matter to me. I will walk towards my goals with more passion than ever.
[Tweet “Check my nominees for the Liebster Award. #blogging #sharing”]
It is not easy to nominate people and I am not sure whether you have already participated in the Liebster Award, but I hope you accept this invitation (I will use the name of the blogs):
- What’s On The List
- Running With Perseverance
- My Life in Progress
- Nanna’s Wisdom
- Mary Denman
- Cook With a Shoe
- Reflections From Me
- Reflections From a Red Head
- Scoops of Joy
- Cute Coconut
- Tutus and Tennies
INSTRUCTIONS FOR NEW NOMINEES OF THE LIEBSTER AWARD:
Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to do the following:
- Write a post about the fact that you’ve been nominated for the Liebster Award.
- In this post, link back to and show some love to the person who nominated you, also nominate 11 other new blogs that would not have more than 1000 followers. Let these nominated bloggers know that you have nominated them and provide a link back to your page to ensure that they are familiar with the Award.
- Display the Award in your post and in your side bar.
- Answer the questions about yourself.
- Put your post with your nominated 11 blogs for the Liebster Award, on social media. Spread the love!
Here are your questions:
- How did you decide on the name of your blog?
- Where does your blogging inspiration come from?
- What is it that you love most about blogging?
- What is your favorite food?
- What is your favorite thing to drink (alcoholic or not)?
- What is an item you cannot live without?
- What are eleven random facts about yourself?
- If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be?
- If you could meet anyone from history, alive or dead, who would it be?
- What is your favorite outdoor activity?
- Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Thank you again Kathleen from Lifestyle Building Blocks for the nomination!Liebster Award
Have a lovely day!
* You can also find me on:
Google+: https://plus.google.com/104966489810408220684/ (em português)