I was recently granted the Blogger Recognition Award. Please read about this award and check my nominees.
Once a month, I publish the Shout Out Saturday recognition post. It’s my way to say “thank you” to those bloggers who made a difference to me throughout the period.
This time, however, I am going to do something a little bit different. Since I was honored with the Blogger Recognition Award by Sue from Sizzling Towards Sixty, I am going use it as my way to thank everyone.
How Debbie in Shape started
I started blogging much longer than I can remember, but I’ll focus on Debbie in Shape since it’s the only one I’m active on at the moment.
It all started very humbly. I wanted to share my path towards my very first IFBB Bikini Contest back in 2012. That year, after being diagnosed with brain tumor, I canceled my dreams of attending getting a Masters degree to invest even more in my health.
But because of the intensive training and my full-time job, my posts were scarce. I just became more active after going self-hosted on August 15th, 2014.
And the rest you see here…
Advice to new bloggers
As part of my commitment to help people in their personal improvement, I also like to write about blogging and branding. Please make sure you check the site and do not hesitate to ask if you have any questions.
But for the sake of the award I would like to reinforce two things: be yourself and keep on learning.
As we start and we realize things are not that simple as we used to think, we lose heart. We read so many stories of people becoming very successful blogger almost in the blink of an eye while our struggle seems endless.
At such times, it’s tempting to start copying people hoping to have the same results. However, their success is not yours. They have something different from you that lead them to where they are. You must find your ‘something’ too.
Just be yourself and success will come at the right moment.
Keep On Learning
In blogging, as in life, we are always improving. No one is intelligent enough that there is nothing left for them to discover.
So once you become good in a skill, take a step further. Did you get really good content out there? Start working on your images, social media, etc.
Because bloggers deal closely with technology, there’s always a new tool, an update, or a new algorithm from Facebook (I wish it was only sarcasm). Keep on learning and getting better every day.
- Nikki – View From In Here
- Tanya – Mom’s Small Victories
- Charissa – Cook With a Shoe
- Lori – The Health Minded
- Crystal – Tidbits of Experience
- Tiffany – TheMrsTee
- Wendy – The Art of Why Not?
- Michele – Life Redesign 101
- Sinziana – Sparkling Shoes Girl
- Agatha – Green Issues by Agy
- Free – Couponin Diva Style
- Holly – The Coconut Head’s Survival Guide
- Maria – Sew Travel Inspired
- Mackenzie – Reflections From Me
- Janine – Reflections From a Redhead
Here are the rules:
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
- Write a post to show your award. Attach the award to the post.
- Give a brief story of how your blog started.
- Give a piece of advice or two to new bloggers.
- Select 15 other blogs you want to give the award to.
- Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them & provide a link to the award post you created (you cannot nominate yourself or the person who has nominated you).
I am truly honored by being chosen by Sue among such incredible bloggers.
I would like to ask everyone to stop by my nominees and check out their websites. You’ll understand why I considered them a good fit for this award. And while 15 seems like many bloggers, I can tell you it was not an easy thing to do. It will be a pleasure to if they accept it.
Can you describe in one word what an award means to you?
My other awards so far:
Have a fabulous day!
* You can also find me on:
Twitter (Fitness): https://twitter.com/DebbieR_Fitness
Twitter (Geek): https://twitter.com/DebbieInShape
Google+: https://plus.google.com/+Debbieinshape/ (em português)